Making clothing for yourself can be fun and extremely rewarding. Choose from one of three popular sewing patterns and our guest educator, Lindsey Marsh of Sew to Grow, will walk you through step-by-step how to trace, cut, assemble and add the finishing touches to these wardrobe staples. Lindsey will also be demonstrating how to measure yourself correctly and make slight pattern adjustments for a more accurate fit. In this two day workshop you will be guided from beginning to completion and leave with a perfectly fitting garment. This class is perfect for the confident beginners and those looking to get back into garment making.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to measure yourself properly and pick the correct size. How to trace your design and grade between sizes.
- Learn the best way to shorten and legthen patterns.
- Learn how to do a Full Bust Adjustment and receive a hand-out with step- by-step photos and instructions
- See demonstrations on best zipper insertion and hemming techniques.
- Find out more about sewing machines and the best tools for sewing your own garments, plus so much more!
**Stop by the shop for supply list. It is important that you purchase your supplies BEFORE the day of class. Otherwise, you will delay the start of class for all students while you shop, or you may miss important instructional time. TQT encourages students to purchase their supplies from us so that we may continue to offer great events and classes such as this. When you do, you will receive a 10% discount on fabric, notions and/or patterns from your supply list.**
Don't forget to Check Out after adding this Event to your Cart. Click on the RED shopping cart icon in the upper right corner of your screen to complete the Check Out Process.