Scroll down to find information on our monthly clubs and events including Embroidery Inspirations and Benni, Books and Blocks.
EMBROIDERY INSPIRATIONS CLUB
Our Embroidery Inspirations Club continues for a third session! If you are interested in learning what machine embroidery is all about, then this is the Club for you. You’ll complete 1 project at each session, completely in the hoop. TQT provides the machines and supplies.
This session, we will be making a set of crab themed towels, a zippered key fob and a sweet composition notebook.
Saturday, July 8th, August 12th and September 9th
$39 Commitment Fee plus a Kit Fee each month
All Skill Levels
BENNI, BOOKS AND BLOCKS - A MYSTERY QUILT BOOK CLUB
***NOTE: The Book Club is finished for the season. TQT will be offering another program like this in the fall. Stay tuned for details!***
Join The Quilter’s Trunk for our exciting Mystery Quilt Book Club, featuring the Benni Harper Mystery series by Earlene Fowler. We have partnered with local independent bookstore, Bookie’s New and Used Books, to bring you this Club.
Each month, you will read one of the Benni Harper Mysteries, which are named after popular quilt block patterns. At the monthly meeting, you will receive a kit for the block in the title and learn how to create it. Following the demonstration, you will engage in a lively discussion of the book. The Club runs for 9 months, beginning in September and continuing through May. At the end of the Club, you will have created 9 beautiful blocks. Alternatively, you may choose to make two of each block and create a larger quilt with 18 blocks. TQT will have a finishing kit available for both sizes with sashing, binding, and backing.
Ready to join? Here are the rules:
- Register for the Club with a participation fee of $19.99.
- There are 2 sessions of the Club. One meets on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 2:00pm and the other meets on the 3rd Sunday at 2:00pm. We kindly ask that participants attend the session for which they registered, and not switch.
- Choose whether you will make the 9 block quilt or the 18 block quilt.
- Pick up the monthly book at Bookie’s. Bookie’s will give participants a 25% discount on the books in the series.
- Attend the September monthly meeting and buy your first quilt block kit for $4.99.
- Get a FREE block kit! Bring your completed block to the next Club meeting and that month’s block kit is FREE. You must attend the monthly meeting to get the free block. (Note: if you choose to make the larger quilt with 18 blocks, the second kit for each block is $4.99.)
- If you miss a Club meeting, you may purchase the block kit for $4.99.
- At the final meeting in May, purchase your finishing kit.
Bookie’s New and Used Books
2419 W. 103rd Street
Chicago, IL 60643